As Trade Solution Engineer, you will be doing a pre-assessment of impacts or taking ownership to represent the Trade function to ensure requirements are understood, solutions and no Trade compliance gaps as part of an assigned initiative/project. This would include various roles depending on the size of the initiative/project including project management or executing tasks as assigned by another project manager. Supporting day-to-day needs as SAP-GTS super user; including liaison between IT (who executes the configurations and technical changes based on functional requirements) and GTS end user.
- Assessment of impacts on Trade Solutions for assigned initiatives or projects
- Evaluation of Trade Compliance requirements and determination of what setups/changes would be required within Trade Solutions
- Trade Solutions Lead on assigned projects ensuring Trade requirements are met and no Trade compliance gaps as part of assigned initiatives or project
- Support pre-assessment of impacts to Trade Solutions as requested
- Day-to-day contact as SAP-GTS super user to support users and Trade function with production issues
- Maintain Trade Spark pages and respective tools within Spark pages
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computers or Engineering or equivalent
- Overall 8+ years of experience out of which 4+ years should be in the SAP GTS space
- Knowledgeable in GTS Configuration, Export /Import Compliance, SPL/Embargo, License Determination, etc.
Additional knowledge Required:
- Project Management
- SAP – GTS
- SAP – ECC preferred
- Office 365 applications (eg. Excel, Project)
- Spark web
- Power App
- Some IT backgrounds preferred
Additional Skills Required:
- Project Management. Ability to manage small Trade functional team assigned to specific initiative/project or larger cross-functional team if Trade is driven initiative/project.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with various organizations from corporate functions to local business groups
- Ability to liaison between IT groups and Trade functional groups to ensure requirements are clearly understood and solutions. This includes translating IT language to business language and versa.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups throughout the world. The majority of initiatives and projects involve 3 regions (Americas, Asia Pacific, and EMEA)
- Ability to work with individuals from different levels. From individuals who execute as part of a team at the same station to management within the Steering Committee of a specific initiative or project.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives/projects during the same window of time.
- Ability to be flexible with the type of initiative/project assigned. Some projects are small with low visibility and others extensive with high visibility.
- Ability to work with individuals from various countries.
- Willingness to continue to learn and open to development
- Willingness to evolve the scope of responsibilities depending on the level of knowledge and skill